Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Mumbai Rains

I had thought that I would go at least two steps forward. But could go only one. Thanks to the impending bureaucracy and the inability to let secrets like employee salary go to someone as a trainee, I doubt if I would be able to get the declaration. But at least I have been successful in pushing the vouching policy forward. I should get some response tomorrow, otherwise some more emails would go out from my computer.

Today is a heavy rain day. Its raining, as I would say, cats, dogs, buffaloes, pigs, and elephants too! Local services are disrupted, and people are panicking. Somehow I wonder why I don't panic. And the fact is that there is no one waiting for me at home, so why struggle? Even if I have to sit in office for the night, I don't mind. There is the computer, the books, the AC, the Internet; and I can always get something to eat!!

People have rushed to go out, and this is what happens when people stop thinking rationally. Looking at things objectively may not be everyone's cup of tea. And they might have problems of their families waiting. But I dont have, so chill!! If I had spare clothes with me, I would have gone to marine lines and sat in front of the impending waves.

No comments: